Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tom's Ballet Flats?!

Tom's Ballet Flats?!

Many of you may despise me for saying this...I am not too fond of the traditional Tom's shoes. I know, I know, many people are obsessed and love them, I just happen not to be one of them. I think they kinda look like ninja shoes. However, I do love their concept; buy one pair, and Tom's will donate one pair to a child in need. With that said, after seeing Tom's new line, I think they may have won me over. I mean, how chic are these ballet flats?! According to my budget, they are a bit on the pricey side, but the charitable aspect makes me feel okay about spending the extra dough. 

I was sad to find that they are back-ordered online til further notice. They must be selling like hot cakes! I will try my luck at going to Nordstrom to see if they have any in stock. What are your thoughts on Tom's shoes?

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you - not a fan of the traditional Tom's but these are adorable! No wonder why they are selling so fast..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! There is another person out there who shares in my dislike for the regular Tom's shoes. :)

      Delete
  2. I've never owned a pair of Toms, but these look somewhat stylish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Alyssa! Have you visited the Tom's site?.. There are so many cute ballet flats.

      Delete
  3. i on the other hand actually really like the original toms! however, i have a coworker who is from Argentina, one day he was wearing shoes that look identical to the Toms from his country and was telling me that Tom actually got the idea from those shoes, added the Argentinean flag to the back and his name and upped the price. what worries me is that he said the shoes cost about $2 (if even that) and Tom is selling them for around $50 or so. i just really hope all the money is going to a good place! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, whoa, that's so interesting to know! Just goes to show that we are constantly inspiring each other in many different ways. Crazy that it only takes $2 to produce the shoes, but hey, a business has gotta be profitable. I agree, I hope they donate money and give as much back to charity as possible. Thanks for the insight :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...