Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dare to go Bare?


Happy Wednesday, Plummies! Goodness, I woke up this morning and it was already such a gorgeous day outside. Not a cloud in the sky, and warm weather...San Diego never lets me down.
My mornings usually go something like this:
Wake up around 6:30am, check email in bed, get dressed, make breakfast, do hair and makeup, walk Benny, and I'm out the door to do great things...

Above is a picture of me au natural. Makeup has been part of my Mon-Fri morning routine since about sophomore year in high school. On the weekends I like to do without, or with very little. For me, makeup is a tool that I use to enhance the beauty that is already there, not cover up, or change my appearance (Well, let's be honest here, if I woke up with a major break-out, yes, that little guy will be covered up!) The point is, everyday I am learning to love every part of who I am. Sure, some days pose more of a challenge than others. But in the end, you just gotta embrace and celebrate yourself; yes, "flaws" and all.

Below is the fabulous celebrity makeup artist, Lisa Eldridge. She is great because her makeup-mentality is: do not cover up, but simply enhance what you got. :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...