Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thrift Store Finds: Heels!


Faux snake skin platform pumps: $10
Pink retro heels: $14
Steve Madden booties: $12
Wedge platforms: $4
Happy Tuesday, Plummies! Who doesn't love a bargain?...I know I do! Whenever I have an event to go to (whether it be a birthday party or wedding) I head to a nearby thrift store, consignment store, or department discounter. Honestly, about 50% of my closet is thrifted. Not only is shopping this way cheap, but it's great for the environment! It is known that trends come and go, and many things get trendy again as the years go by. So you really cannot go wrong when shopping for thrifty pieces that fit well and have either nice patterns or great textures. Here are some thrift shopping tips:
  • Have a budget and stick to it! Things are cheap, so it is easy to get carried away and buy tons of stuff.  
  • Think outside of the box. Things might look odd at first, but be a bit adventurous...After all, you might only be paying $1 for a clothing item, so why not take a fashion risk?
  • Inspect for rips and stains.
  • Wash and disinfect all purchased items asap.
  • Think: "Would I really ever wear this?"
  • Try things on. Many vintage shoes and articles of clothing have been manufactured decades ago, which means the sizing charts are different. Often, I find that I am larger in vintage sizing.
  • Have patience. You will be doing a lot of sorting to find those gems, so go thrifting when you are not rushed.
Designer brands are beautiful and fun, but realistically I can find better ways to spend that cash (save for my next vacation, home renovation, buy a home, save for retirement, school, etc.) Would you rather wake up in a beautiful home? or, a shack filled with designer handbags?

Happy Thrifting! Xo

2 comments:

  1. I just love this...your doing a great job my friend :)
    JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. JG, thank you so much! Your support means a lot <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...